Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar X Type: What is a reasonable price for having having

What is a reasonable price for having having both rear brake pads and rotors replaced on a 2005 Jaguar X Type? I just had them replaced and I feel that $626 not including tax may be somewhat excessive.
Parts were $359 and Labor was $267.
Labor reads as follows: R&l rear brake calipers to replace rear brake padsand rotors, cleaned brake calipers, slides and all brake related hardware.Treated brake pads with anti squeal graphite solution. Power flushed and bled brake system. renewed brale fluid.
Hello and welcome to

Was this done at a dealership using Jaguar parts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Work was not done at a dealership. I don't know if the part were jaguar parts following are the part numbers if that will help: 1 BRKP C2S5080, 1 FL DOT B.fld, 2 BKPT C2S42668, 1 BKPT BG860.

Item # XXXXX is Jag.R.Brk.Pads @ 74.75 and Item # XXXXX is Jag.R.Brk.Rotor @ 127.75 each.

Yes those are Jag part numbers so Jag parts were used. The price is fair as the part price is accurate and the labor to replace brakes and perform a fluid flush is 2.5-3.0 hours labor so the total cost is about average for this work.