JagDoc, European Shop Owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with Jaguars. Independent European shop owner and technician.

Jaguar XJ VP: would a 2007 xj vp with 50,000 miles and no warranty

would a 2007 xj vp with 50,000 miles and no warranty claims but a $6000 accident repair in 2010 be a good car to buy for $20,000 today? it was bought from the auction. Accident repair was done at a jag dealership.

JagDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

JagDoc :

Let me take a look at recent auction values to give me a better idea

JagDoc :

Considering that they're typically running through auction for $18k US, it doesn't sound like a bad price at all, as long as the paint and body work was done perfectly

JagDoc :

retail on that car should be closer to $24k, so if it checks out properly during a pre-purchase inspection, I would not hesitate to buy it.

JagDoc :

please let me know if I can offer further information or advice

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are oil changes easy to do or would i need a dealer and what would the dealer charge and what type of oil and frequency. Thanks

Very easy on these cars. Always use the original equipment filters and synthetic oil, every 5-7k miles. Dealer charges vary due to a lot of variable, but expect between $90-$130 per change.

They are quite easy to do though.