Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

2001 jaguar s type: with a message of transmission fault

Customer Question

I have a 2001 jaguar s type with a message of transmission fault. What does transmission fault mean?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

a transmission fault can be anything from the oil level being too low to a faulty solenoid or failing internal oil pump

if the car is still changing gear, kicking down on acceleration etc then it shouldn't be too serious but the quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.

and I'd recommend using a Jaguar specialist or dealership at least for the diagnostic as you need someone with dealer level diagnostics to be sure of getting the correct fault code for these cars
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Matt,
I can't thank you enough for your great advise, and rest assured, I hope to use your services in the future.

Thanks again.
William Rhambo
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.
No problem