Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..

2003 Jaguar X-Type: 2.5l...check engine light came on yesterday.

I have a 2003 Jaguar X-Type. 2.5l. The check engine light came on yesterday. It drives fine. Code P0443 came up. What does this mean and what do I need to do to get it off?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

This fault code is down to the EVAP ( emission control circuit ) I have diagnostic info I can give you on this.. You may we need shop help - but here is the info for you below : Any good shop will be able to work through the following for you ..

Evaporative Emission Control – P0443

Complaint:
Fault code P0443 will most likely be set due to an EVAP purge control in the valve circuit fault.

CHECK EVAPORATIVE PURGE VALVE INTEGRITY

1. Disconnect the outlet pipe from the Evaporative purge valve. (From valve to manifold).
  2. Apply a vacuum to the valve outlet pipe.
Does the valve hold vacuum?
Yes

Possible intermittent fault. CLEAR the DTC. Carry out a full EVAP system monitor drive cycle. RECHECK DTCs. For additional information, see 'diagnostic drive cycles' above.

No
INSTALL a new Evaporative purge valve. CLEAR the DTC. Carry out a full Evaporative system monitor drive cycle. RECHECK DTCs. For additional information, see 'diagnostic drive cycles' above.

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....
Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Evaporative Emission Control – P0443

Complaint:

CHECK EVAPORATIVE PURGE VALVE INTEGRITY

Does the valve hold vacuum?
Yes

No

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ....and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

Kind Rgds - MIKE.
Experience: Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..