Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

X Type: Glow Plug..The engine management light stays on..Diagnostics

I have an X Type Jaguar and the Glow Plug Lights on the dash is flashing and The engine management light stays on. I have reduced engine power and the Diagnostics code are P2338 and P0325. Help!!!
Hello and welcome to

That code P0325 is for the knock sensor so we should check the connection at the sensor located under the air cleaner mounting bracket and the code P2338 is for the injector driver on cylinder 3. The injector can be re coded using the Jag tool b ut usually the injector will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If we replace the injector will you need the jag tool to re-calibrate the injector? Will the engine management light need to be re-set. I have checked the the connection on the knock sensor. Also since this problem commenced my glow plugs do not work and it is extremely difficult to start the vehicle in the morning. Also on acceleration a lot of smoke pours out of the exhaust. Could you point me in the right direction.
Ok you have a few issues going on that may all not be related. Can you supply me with the last six of your VIN.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where would I find the VIN.
Look on your vehicle registration or on the driver door.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last 6 Digits : E33360
Thanks I will run the VIN.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will wait to hear from you.
You other issues are usually caused by the EGR or turbo but Jag has come out with a service procedure for this which includes a reprogram of the vehicle engine management ECU along with these part replacement.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valveC2S 365751
EGR valve gasketJDE 18271
Air filterC2S 367741
Gasket - catalytic converter to turboC2S 272301
HoseC2S 269861
Charge air coolerC2S 316001
HoseC2S 269881
TubeC2S 269871
HoseC2S 269861
HoseC2S 269811
TubeC2S 269821
HoseC2S 269841
HoseC2S 269851
HoseC2S 269831
Vacuum reservoir and Electric Vacuum Regulator (EVR) unit assemblyC2S 365681
Tube - brake boosterC2S 268961
Seal - vacuum pumpJD6 11231
Gasket - vacuum pumpJD6 11751
Air pump - vacuumJD6 11221
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is this an expensive process to replace all of the above parts? Why has the glow plugs stopped working? Is this connected to the faulty injector?
Yes it could be related if the ECU is in a default engine management. An electrical test will be needed to see if there is an issue with the glow plugs or the circuit. As far as the cost if all needs to be replaced this repair can be expensive.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Glow Plugs were changed yesterday and a test was carried out and there was still a current at the glow plugs. If the injector has caused the fault could this cause the ECU to cut power to the Glow Plugs.
Yes it could.