Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

p300: check engine light came on a couple..cylinders..misfiring

The "check engine" light came on a couple of days back but car is running fine. Stopped in at an AutoZone to have fault codes defined. P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0307, P0308, P1316,P1647, P1111 indicating that all cylinders are misfiring which is impossible given the car is running fine.......any thoughts?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Richard :

Hello and welcome to

Richard :

were the fault codes cleared and if so did the engine light come back on? can you supply me with the last six of the vin?

No I have not done anything so far. Last 6 of VIN are F44934

Richard :

Ok all those cylinder missfires may be caused by a vacuum leak, a clogged fuel filter or worn spark plugs/fouled coils. The P1647 is almost always a failed upstream oxygen sensor as that is the one on the driver side.

Richard :

I recommend we have all these codes cleared then see which ones return.

Richard :

Also in the mean time start the engine and listen for any air or hissing noise from the engine comaprtment to see if we can find a vacuum leak.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a way that I can clear the codes? Or will a mechanic have to do it?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Yes you can but a scan tool is needed. Most autozones or pepboys will do this for you.