Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

the location of the linear oxygen sensor control chip for a 2003 jaguar XKR, bank 2. (cod

the location of the linear oxygen sensor control chip for a 2003 jaguar XKR, bank 2. (code P1647)
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Richard :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Richard :

That code is for bank 2 sensor one.

Richard :

This is the top or upstream sensor on the driver side exhaust.

Customer:

Richard, can I see this o2 sensor or do I have to remove something to access it for removal?

Richard :

LOOSEN AND REMOVE THE TORX BOLT SECURING THE COOLANT TANK THEN MOVE THAT OUT OF THE WAY. oN SOME THERE IS A HEAT SHEILD THAT BOLTS TO THE CAT CONVERTER WHICH ALSO MAY NEED TO BE REMOVED.

Customer:

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
From: [email protected] Passowrd: h31g5yu JACUSTOMER-39a60q I have done everything you said. I am now having trouble finding the end of the electrical connector. I can see it for about 6 inches from the end of the o2 sensor, then lose it. Can you tell me where the connector is located? Also, do I have to remove something to get to it?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
The connectors all clip to a bracket in the back of the engine compartment above the transmission. Go from the passenger side as there is more room there. The wire harness may be tie strapped so that would need to be cut off.