Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

2003 x type: what do gear box fault mean..engine system..system fault

what do gear box fault mean on a 2003 x type jaguar. what do engine system fault and dsc system fault

Hello and welcome to

Usually when all these warnings come on it is an indication of an electronic throttle failure. The gear box fault is the transmission warning and the DSC is the traction fault warning. You should be able to retrieve fault codes from the engine management ECM with a generic scan tool but if not then you will need to go to the dealer or Jag shop. You can also try your local autozone or pepboys as they will usually scan for codes at no charge.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need to know why do these codes come up on my dash display. the codes says, gear box fault, engine system fault, dsc system fault.
You will see these warnings when the control modules detects a failure. Since all three faults are displayed this is usually a failure with the electronic throttle unit as all these module receives throttle data.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do u fix the problem. I put the car on a code reader and it gave me a code 1229. Can u tell me how to fix the problem
Ok that code P1229 is for the throttle motor. There is a throttle relay which is relay R11 in the engine compartment fuse box so we should make sure there are no issues with the box. This is usually a problem with that electronic throttle body assembly.