Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

1995 xj6: I am changing the fuel filter..Jaguar..hose..leaks

Customer Question

Hi: I am changing the fuel filter on my 1995 xj6 Jaguar. When I insert the fuel return hose/line into the tank and start the car gasoline leaks out. what is the solution to prevent the leakage? Please dscribe indetail. Thank you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

You are replacing the in line fuel filter on the frame just in front of the tank correct? WHere is the fuel leaking out? DOes it leak from the filter to fuel line connection?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, It is leaking from the fuel line connection.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
OK there is a small black oring on the fuel line that you should replace when you install a new filter.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Richard, I am aware of the oring to the filter. I am talking about gasoline leaking from under the car. The fuel filer is not leaking. The opposite end of the fuel filter return line that goes into the gas tank is leaking.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Ok sorry for the confusion. It is possible the seal on the tank flange is worn out. There is a quick connect fitting there. It is a pain to get to but they is a repair kit. I can get you that info but I need the last six digits of your VIN.