Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar S-Type Where is the reset button for my fuel pump in

Customer Question

Where is the reset button for my fuel pump in a 2000 jaguars-type
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

There is no fuel pump reset button like Ford vehicles. There is an inertia switch but if it has tripped the engine will not crank. This switch is located behind the passenger front kick panel.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I tried to install a radio another factory radio and ever since I plugged it in the car won't start. Thought it might have been a security thing to cut off the fuel pump..
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

This would usually not be a security issue as the engine in most cases will not crank. Look at the security LED on the top of the dash. Turn the ignition to the ON position and watch that light. If it comes on for a few seconds then go out this is not a security problem and we would need to check fuel and ignition as well as make sure we do not have any blown fuses in the trunk, engine compartment and passenger kick panel fuse boxes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well the security light is just blinking and won't shut off.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Ok please check fuse #17 and #24 both 5 amp fuses on that primary fuse box in the passenger front kick panel fuse box.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yeah there both good.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I hit the accept button by accident
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Richard can you still help me out?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Ok do this. Turn the ignition to the ON position and watch that light. It will flash for 60 seconds then will flash a code. For example 1 blink then 6 blinks is code 16. See if you can get me the blink code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok so it is a code 16
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
That's what I figured. In this case it is a problem with the instrument cluster to PCM for the security. The instrument pack is energizing the starter but the PCM is not firing the fuel pump or injectors. This is usually a configuration problem resolved by going through an immobilization program with the Jag factory scan tool.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok so how do I go about getting the tool or having someone fix it?

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately you will need to tow it to a dealer or if you can find an independent Jag/Euro shop that has an IDS or WDS they can do it for you.