Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

Jaguar XKR How do you replace battery in 2007 XKR

Customer Question

How do you replace battery in 2007 XKR
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Battery Disconnect/Connect Procedures

Battery Disconnect/Connect Procedures

WARNING: The backup power supply energy must be depleted before any supplementary restraint system repairs are carried out. To deplete the backup supply energy, first disconnect the battery ground cable, then disconnect the battery positive cable and wait ten minutes to avoid accidental deployment and personal injury. Failure to follow this instruction may result in personal injury.

CAUTION: Disconnecting the battery cables will cause all of the electronic control modules to lose all stored data/fault codes.

NOTE: Following reconnection of the battery, the engine should be allowed to idle as the stored idle and drive values contained within the engine control module (ECM) will have been lost. This may cause driveability concern if the following procedure is not carried out.

Battery disconnect procedure Battery connect procedure
1. If possible, apply parking 1. Connect the battery cables and
brake or alternatively, tighten to 5 Nm. Ground
chock wheels. cable must be connected last
2. If required, record any 2. Install the battery cover and
customer audio and climate close the luggage compartment lid.
control settings. This also
applies to all electronic control
module stored information.
3. Switch off ignition. 3. Start the engine and allow
to idle until the engine reaches
normal operating temperature.
4. Open the luggage compartment 4. Switch the engine off.
lid.
5. Release the cover and 5. Restart the engine and allow to idle
disconnect the battery ground for approximately two minutes
cable. (this will allow the ECM to learn the
idle values).
6. If required, disconnect 6. Apply and hold the brake pedal,
the battery positive cable. select drive and allow the engine
idle for a further two minutes .
  1. Drive the vehicle for approximately five miles/eight kilometers

of varied driving to enable the
ECM to complete it's
learning strategy.

1. Reset the audio unit and climate control assembly to original
customer settings.

Battery (86.15.01)

Battery (86.15.01)

Removal

CAUTION: It is imperative that the battery ground cable is disconnected from the battery terminal and not the body.

1. Remove the cover and disconnect the battery ground cable.
  2. Disconnect the battery positive cable.
    • Loosen the nut.
  1. Release the harness.
    • Release the electrical connector from the clip.

1. Release the battery clamp.
    • Remove the 2 nuts.
  1. Remove the battery.
    • Disconnect the vent tube.

Installation

1. Install the battery.
    • Connect the vent tube.
  1. Install the battery clamp.
    • Tighten the nuts to 6 Nm (4 lb.ft) .
  1. Secure the wiring harness.
    • Attach the electrical connector to the clip.
  1. Connect the battery positive cable.
    • Tighten the nut to 5 Nm (4 lb.ft) .
  1. Connect the battery ground cable and install the cover.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This answer is not for a 2007 XKR. It would work for older model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 years ago.

That's all the information that I have on it. Let me opt out and we can re list the case to see if there may be another expert who may have more. No need to reply as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Anthony replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

Lift the trim up in the trunk that covers the spare tire. You will see the battery then....

Heres a picture:

graphicgraphic

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Sorry for all the confusion. The battery is located behind the rear cover in the back of the trunk. First remove the bottom spare tire cover then the luggage separator. Next remove the four plastic wing screws to expose the battery. If you want to jump or charge the battery there is a positive cable connection behind the vent cover in the driver rear of the trunk. Remove the cover then you will see the positive cable. Pull back the rubber boot and install the positive jumper cable there then the negative ground cable to the exhaust muffler.
Expert:  Anthony replied 3 years ago.

Hi again!

The pictures clearly show where the battery is which is in front of the spare...