Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

2003 s-type: wont start and give the following codes..p0303..p1316

Customer Question

my 2003 s-type wont start and give the following codes: P0303 P1313 P1316 P1647 P1000...please help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

Unfortunately the missfire codes and the oxygen sensor code will not cause a no start. I assume that the engine is cranking but not starting?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, the engine is cranking but not starting. it started for about 1 minute with starter fluid.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Ok good. If the engine starts and runs on the spray we have a fuel delivery problem. There are two fuel pumps on this vehicle due to the saddle design tank. The jet pump on the driver side transfer fuel to the passenger side pump which delivers fuel to the engine. We can access both by removing the rear seat cushion. Lets go to the passenger side fuel pump and with a voltmeter set it to DC volts and probe the red and yellow wires on the pump. Crank the engine and you should see close to battery voltage. If voltage is present and we still do not have fuel pressure we have a failed pump/clogged filter.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
both pumps were replaced. can the fuel injection be clogged?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
I do not think they are clogged to the extent that the engine will not start. I think we should check fuel pressure with a gauge and for power and ground to the pump. This may be a problem with the REM module which controls the fuel pump via a signal from the ECM. You should also check fuse #17 (15 amp) in the front fuse box which powers the injectors.