Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Xk8: a airbag light flashing at me at cannot start the car..disconect

Customer Question

I have a xk8 i have removed a fuse, and now have a airbag light flashing at me at cannot start the car, I can not even open the boot which I was told to do and disconect the battery.

Can you help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to

Which fuse did you remove? Can you tell me the airbag blink code? For example two blinks, pause, three blinks is code 23. Do you see any other warning messages on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

the airbag ic continously flashing fast and the battery and oil lights are on continuosly as well.

You put the key in the ingnition and this make no differance and it does nothing.

The fuses that I removed were in the fascia drivers fuse box right hand bank of fuses 4th up15amp and 5th up 10amp and on the left hand bank 5th one up 10amp.

The fused were removed as I was trying to find out why my cruse control is not working.

Hope this helps

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Some of those fuses control the body processor module and instrument cluster. Make sure they were reinstalled and not blown. Also look closely at the sides as those fuses are number. See if you can give me the numbers. Also disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes to reset all the control modules.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

The number of the fuses were 4 5 and 14.

I have disconected the negative from the battery.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Did you make sure that they were not blown? Is this the left hand or right hand fascia fuse box?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes have made sure that fuses are not blown, and it is the right hand facia fuse box. (drivers side).

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Ok fuse #4 is for the air bag module, fuse #5 is the Body processor module and fuse #14 powers the instrument pack and cruise on/off switch. Sounds like something spiked those control modules which will inhibit starting. Lets also make sure that the inertia switch did not trip. Just depress the top of it to reset it. It is located next to that driver side fuse box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Richard,

what does this switch look like as I can not see one next to the fuse box. Is it the fuse box inside the car to the right of the dash board.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Sorry the inertia switch is located next to the left hand dash fuse panel.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have pressed the switch and it felt as though it clicked, but has made no differance to the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Will the shifter release from Park? Is the P lite up red on the shifter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The shifter will not move and the p is not lite up red.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
OK this means we have a network malfunction. I recommend you have the battery fully charged and check all the fuses with a voltmeter looking for battery voltage on both sides of the top of each fuse. This will also check the switched system power.