Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar S-Type I have a 2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0. It wont start,

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0. It won't start, the parking light and the air bag lights are lit and the alarm light is flashing. The alarm went off yesterday for no reason and I have just changed the battery.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

If the theft warning led is flashing rapidly when you turn on the ignition then the anti theft system is preventing the vehicle from starting. First disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes. Reconnect it then lock the vehicle with the key in the driver door. Then un lock it and the alarm should be disarmed. You should then make sure the inertia switch did not trip which is located behind the driver front kick panel. If the vehicle still will not start then the security system will need to be reset and the keys re programmed with the Jag factory tool.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience: 12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I followed the steps and after two attempts it worked. I drove the car and put the alarm on once I got out and it did the same thing as before. This time, the alarm will not reset. I had to get the car towed home and have tried numerous times unsuccessfully. I have even removed fuse #23 which is for the alarm system. I guess it's time to get the alarm reset??
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes it does sound like the system need the immobilization reset or there may be a voltage problem. If you do have it towed before authorizing any repairs let me know the outcome. We can also do some tests with a voltmeter but we are limited as all the security system data is done with the tool.