Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar s-type i have no heat on my 2001 jag s type

i have no heat on my 2001 jag s type works fine....ideas?

Hello and welcome to

Based on your description you have a partially stuck heater control valve. This is the only component that controls the heat. There is no temp actuator. Locate the valve and disconnect it to see if the heat starts to work. If it does then it is an electrical problem with the control module or wiring. If it stays cold then it is usually a mechanical problem with the valve.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the valve located? is it easily accessible?
Sorry half my answer was cut off. On the passenger side in the back of the fan assembly you will see the auxiliary heater pump. Underneath that you will see the heater valve with five hoses going to it. It may look like it's buried but once you start removing the pump and hoses you can remove it. I would make sure the engine is warming up to temp.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
engine is warming up to temp without problem...thermostat is good. one last question....its difficult to find jag parts...i know the 01 s-type 4.0 and the lincoln ls 3.9 are very similar...the picture of the heater valve of the two look very you know if they are interchangable?
Yes you can use the Lincoln valve which costs less. If you wanted to use Jag parts recommend,,,,,, or as they all specialize in discounted Jag parts.