Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar s type: 2 months now that i have to jump up my battery

Customer Question

i have a troubleshouting P1587 for my jaguar s type 2001 and i need to know what it means and how to fix it. Also it's been 2 months now that i have to jump up my battery almost everyday i need to use my car?What could be the problem and how to fix it?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

You should start by having the battery tested as this may be due to low voltage. For the code P1587 that is usually a fault with the throttle control module located under the throttle. It comes as an assembly. If this is a V6 engine inspect the engine harness as sometimes it will short out on the bracket in the back of the intake manifold.