Jaguar expert
Jaguar expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner
22989858

2005 s type: cool..temperature sensor/..corroded..climate control

my 2005 s type 0nly blows hot air no matter what setting, turning on
a-con makes no difference was told it could be heater control valve but most links say it runs cool if its this problem, also been suggested temperature sensor/ or corroded wires to heater control valve/ or climate control valves-i dont know which would be most likely???
GUS...
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.This may be due to a faulty air conditioning control module but very often a faulty heater valve is all you need to replace . Check the operation of the dual heater control valve. The valve should have power at the center wire and the two outer wires are pulse width modulated by the A/C control module. If the valve loses its 12 volts on the center wire, it will default to full hot and one will get heat at the left and right vents.To isolate the valve as the problem, pinch off the heater hoses and see if cooling improves,Dual heater control valve is located on the passenger side towards the bottom of the radiator
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
TRIED YOUR SUGGESTIONS
POWER GOING TO MODULE SO REPLACED HEATER CONTROL VALVE
[£190.00 + £120.00 LABOUR
NO CHANGE STILL BLOWING HOT AIR ONLY.
GUS................