Anthony
Anthony, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

About Code P1000 on my 99 Jaguar xj8 is steel on after I delete

Customer Question

About Code P1000 on my '99 Jaguar xj8 is steel on after I delete code,I don't info on code chart P1000
Submitted: 6 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Code 1000 means you have to drive for a while to clear it. It just means that the computer has not ran all of its tests on the engine and trans. Its not a trouble code.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The same code is back,ower and ower agen,even if I drive 300 miles before I delete agen,
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
The trick is not to delete it or you have to start over. For one thing you need to keep the fuel tank between 1/4 and 3/4 to let it run the EVAP test. If it refuses to clear then you need to have Jag update the software in the engine computer.