Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I just bought a 2005 Jaguar x-type and notice that it has phone

I just bought a 2005 Jaguar x-type and notice that it has phone capabilities. How do I set that up for hands free cell phone conversation?

Hello and welcome back to justanswer.com

Your vehicle is prewired for the bluetooth system but it is not installed from the factory and needed to be added. You will know this if you press the phone button and it says NO PHONE or PHONE NOT FITTED you do not have the system installed. You will need the phone module, blue tooth interface, microphone and new fiber optic link lead. If it says READY or DISCOVER ME then you need to find the vehicle with your phone by searching for a new device. The pass code is 1313 when prompted.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Pressed the button and it said No Phone. Does it cost much to get installed and do you need to take it to specialized dealers?
Yes it is costly (about $1800.00 parts and labor) and needs to be installed at a dealer because the system needs to be programmed with the Jag service tool.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. Very helpful.
You are very welcome.
If you wanted the kit call Madison Jaguar and ask to speak with Ken. Then ask Ken to transfer you to the shop foreman.