Jagmaster, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  10 year Jaguar master technician land rover master and Aston martin certified

2002 x-type: 3000 RPM..It jerks..engine warms..comes back

Customer Question

Hi, the engine on my 2002 x-type does not go over 3000 RPM when it is cold. It jerks especially in the geer (manual truns) And on massage ctr. it shows XXXXX XXXXXght and massage: "No speed control" . After engine warms up it turns off but comes back from time to time with the same effect on the engine. Do you have any suggestions for me please?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Jagmaster replied 6 years ago.
Sounds like you have a sensor that is failing. You really need to have the codes looked at to pinpoint the problem. That would be the next step.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will just tune up help?
Expert:  Jagmaster replied 6 years ago.
Probably not. Have the codes looked at, and you'll get pointed in the right direction. It will cost you a lot less in the long run to just have it looked at.