Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

The drivers side seat belt on my wifes 2003 Jaguar X Type

The driver's side seat belt on my wife's 2003 Jaguar X Type is stuck. It will not let you put the set belt out. Is this something I can fix, or does it have to go back to the dealer?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

You either have a faulty retractor or possibly the belt has twisted. You can pop out that B pillar cover to make sure that the belt is not twisted around the bracket which I see alot of times. If it is not tisted then the retractor will need to be replaced. To reove that B pillar pull back the front and rear door seals and with a panel puller tool pop that cover straight off.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Richard,

I popped off the pillar cover and discovered that the belt was twisted. It is fixed.

Thanks.

Steve Staffer

Good job. I am glad I was able to help. Thank you for the accept and for using justanswer.com.