John.
John., master tech
Experience:  A1-A8,B5,L1,T2 ase triple chrysler master tech Hev spec
9510839

Replace Headlight Bulbs in 2004 Jaguar X-type 3?

Customer Question

How do I replace the headlight bulbs (all 4) in the 2004 Jaguar x-type 3.0
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  John. replied 4 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

You have to remove the front bumper cover first.

Here how.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Let me know if you need more.

If I have help you ,please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer

John., master tech
Experience: A1-A8,B5,L1,T2 ase triple chrysler master tech Hev spec
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't want to change the headlight assempl y, only the bulbs!
Expert:  John. replied 4 years ago.
The book say you have to remove the front bumper cover, but if you can see the back of the headlights where the wire connect on to the bulbs, you can just undo the connector and either twist the plastic nut counterclockwise to remove the bulb, some have a wire that you push in just little bit and to the side to remove the bulb.

Let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Am I getting a follow up answer? Again , I only want to change the bulbs not the light assemblies

Access to the back of the assemblies is difficult. I thought there wouldbe an easier way to change the bulbs than by removing the full light assemblies

Expert:  John. replied 4 years ago.
No there is not, the front bumper cover come off easy.That why they tell you to remove the front cover to take out the headlight unit to replace the bulbs.

If you would like i can reopen the question to some one else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK I accept what you are telling me. It appears tobe more involved than I thought it would be so I probably will have a mechanic do it for me. Thank you. I will accept your in formation. I wouldn't want you not to get paids for your time addpet
Expert:  John. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX part of the instruction show you how to remove the bbumper cover.