Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Jaguar Mechanic
Experience:  Import Training, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2000 jaguar xj8: my keyless remote will not work

Customer Question

I have a 2000 jaguar xj8 my keyless remote will not work. The battery is good on the remote.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  aricaudio replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Is this a factory keyless system or aftermarket?

Edited by aricaudio on 11/19/2009 at 7:15 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Factory keyless system
Expert:  aricaudio replied 4 years ago.

Is the battery in the vehicle in good shape? Also when did the keyless entry stop working? Was there a a trip to the mechanic at some point, or did it always not work?

Just trying to do some deduction and see what may have happened.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The system stopped working yesterday. The battery on the car is in new about 6 months old. It has not been to the mechanic recently. When I put the key into the door lock and turn it anti-clock wise it locks and chirps as it is supposed to.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 years ago.

Customer............another expert here

If you are sure the Transmitter is transmitting a signal, you can try to rysync the Transmitter with the Reciever by
Stand next to vehicle
Press & Hold Lock & Unlock Buttons together for apprx 5 seconds.

If the above does not work, the system needs to be checked for problems, via Dealer Scan Tool.
Be sure you have all Remotes at that time

Don 'Mo Lurch', Jaguar Mechanic
Experience: Import Training, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for a great try. it did not work. I will the car checked.

Sorry for the bad news, but that system is not Customer friendly / repaired without the use of Dealer Scan Tool