Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

How do i reset the S-type radio security code

how do i reset the S-type radio security code
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

The radio may have been changed so the code you have may not be correct. I will need the VIN, radio code, and current mileage to look it up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

miles: 52,782

vin: SAJEA01T43FM86780

code: 3554

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

That is the code according to your VIN so the radio was changed. You will need to pull out the radio and get me the serial number. See the pic of where the number is XXXXX in the radio chassis. To remove the radio you first need to pop off the wood grain surrounding the shifter. Then remove the cupholder and bottom piece then the cubby box inside the center console. There are two T20 torx screwxs holding that cubby inside the console. Once that is removed pop off the leather trim going around the radio/climate control. First pop up the back of it and lift up and slide it back. Then you will see the 7mm screws that hold the assembly to the dash. You will also need to remove the bottom switch pack T20 trorx screws.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My wife had an emergency and had to leave town, she won't return until Sunday, i"ll have the infor available then. Do i continue or submit another ticket
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thats fine just reply back to this question like you have been doing when you have all the info.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
# XXXXX: 21135671
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Is there a letter after those numbers?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Ok I will try this again. Can you give me all the number scribed into the top of the radio like in the pic.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

PART # XXXXX

2002.AP.NOVEMBER

EIRL

020279 N18C

JACC2021135671

21135671

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
I tried those numbers and I am still not able to come up with the code. I will have to try another source for you. Sorry for the delay.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the update
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the delay as Jag has high security. The code is 4432.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience: 12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.