Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

. I own a Jaguar XJ8 2004. I have a problem with the heating system.

Customer Question

Hi. I own a Jaguar XJ8 2004. I have a problem with the heating system. The air conditioning works fine, however, the heating is not working on the Driver's side(it works everywhere else but the driver's side(it is very weak)). Please let me know how to fix this issue. Thank you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

When you mean weak do you mean the air is not coming out stron or the heat is poor? Does this happens when set to full heat or when on auto mode? Do you have the touchscreen controls or standard controls?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Both. Air is not coming out strong enough and the heat is poor. When its at full heat, the driver's side heat is not strong enough and heat is poor. passanger side works fine though... when its on auto mode, I just figured out that the heat does not work at all in any region of the car.(but air conditioning works all around Auto and Full) I have standard controls. thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Ok the dual mode is controlled by seperate temperature blend door motors and temp sensors for the driver and passenger sides. I suspect you have a faulty motor or stuck door. If it's a door problem the heater box will need to be replaced which involes removing the dash to access the box. The motors and sensors will need to be checked with the Jag scan tool. Sometimes disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes will reset the module which can rectify the problem.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience: 12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How can you explain the fact that the air conditioning works fine all around, but not the heating? I don;t understand this.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
If the driver blend door is stuck on the cold side it will not move to the heater core side and you will only get hot air.