Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

1992 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign: I have to replace in tank fuel pump

I have to replace in tank fuel pump on my car, 1992 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign I6, after only a couple months. How can I fix that problem?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

Are you saying that you need to replace the fuel pump every couple of months? Are you using Jag parts or aftermarket?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I need to replace the fuel pump every couple of months. I have used Jag parts for more than one time and I have also used aftermarket, eg. Bosh. Fuel tank is professionally cleaned. Fuel pump was professionally replaced and also I replaced it at home, but similar result.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
Ok something must be burning out the pump. This is usually do to a problem inside the tank like rust in the tank or a clogged sock.