Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

What does it cost to replace shocks on a jag?

what does it cost to replace shocks on a jag?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.
Can I get the make, model and year of your Jag
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
XJ 2004 Jag air suspension
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hello and maybe I can help as James has opted out. Can I ask why you are replacing the shocks? Also can I get the last six of your VIN number? It will be G then 5 numbers.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The car is in the shop and the papers are at the office so I cannot get the numbers. Last Friday I got a vehicle too low message then a air suspension fault message. I could not drive more than 15 miles per hour. I got it to the Jaguar shop and left it. They called an advised one of the shocks needs to be replaced for $1,050. I have an extended select warranty, but was told the shocks are not included. It sure drove like it was more than one shock problem. I would be able to get the numbers tomorrow.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found my insurance card. The last numbers after the G are 13406.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Ok

The shocks are not covered under the select edition warranty because they are considered a wear item. If one of the shocks is leaking it can cause the system to lose air pressure and will feel like a bad roller coaster ride. You should make sure they check the air compressor as if it has to constantly pump the system up because of a leak it can fail. The price you received seems high by about $100.00 unless they included a diagnosis fee.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience: 12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.