Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I recently got hair extensions in a salon that i paid €900

Customer Question

I recently got hair extensions in a salon that i paid €900 for,however my problem isnt with the extensions before i got the hair extensions in i told the stylist that i bleached my hair she said that was fine as long as i avoid the bonds so i went home & after a few weeks i had roots & went to my hairdresser my hairdresser explained that when you put bleach on your scalp it expands therefore it will go on the bonds damaging them i now cannot colour my hair the hairdresser failed to mention this information when putting in the extensions I would of never of got them if i knew this i feel they misleaded me & were just after my €900 euro
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i wrote to the salon & they said they could offer to take them out they are supposed to last 6-9 months i onluy have them in 3 months i dont know if i have a case or not i just feel they left out a vital piece of information
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i sent them pictures of my hair in its current state i still have the hair extensions but i am unable to colour my hair as this will damage the extensions as there is nothing wrong with the extensions they said they cant offer me any refund
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 13 days ago.

1. Here you can sue the hair salon in the Irish courts for misrepresentation and breach of warranty as the hair extensions are not fit for purpose. Essentially, by omitting to inform you that you could not colour your hair when you got the hair extensions in, the hair salon misrepresented the situation to you. Misrepresentation can occur by omission, such as here, where the hair salon omits to mention an important fact to you before you get the hair extensions in. So you can sue for the recovery of your 900 euro and any other losses you might have suffered such as personal embarassment for having your hair without any colour in it. You should formally write to the hair salon and make your complaint to them. Alternatively, you should get a solicitor to write a formal legal letter to them calling upon them to return your money to you and to compensate you for any losses you might have suffered.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They are saying that they said i can colour around the bonds , & that i left the salon happy, & that they followed my advice when get my roots done 5 weeks later, but i could only touch up the roots on the the top part and sides that were free of extensions, i sent them a picture showing them all my hair and the visible dark roots that are now are display i can colour this as the bleach will destroy the bond on the extension therefore damaging them, if i knew this from the start i wouldnt of got them in the first place now i am left with my own hair which has quite a visible root & extensions that i would never paid for should i have know i couldnt colour them correctly. Im not getting anywhere with the salon they keep saying that they are not responsible i dont think this is right or fair they were happy to take my €900. What should i do from this point?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They did say i could use colour as normal, but i use bleach on my scalp i told them this when i was in the salon but i cant go around the bonds with the bleach as this will damage the extensions i hope im making sense.