Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I got a six year ban for drink driving in Cork and in. I

Customer Question

I got a six year ban for drink driving in Cork and in Dublin. I attended both court cases and was in St Patricks hospital during the time my first case was called in May 2014. I am have not had a drink now since February 2014. What are my chances of getting my back with the next year .
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: This is in Ireland and law are the same in each county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean? I have received my ban . I have not filed to get it back
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just want to know if I can file for my licence now after 2 and a half years of my 6 yr ban. Nobody was injured and I had no crashes.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 24 days ago.

1. Hello, yes, you may make an application for the return of your driving licence as you have served the mandatory two year bank. So long as the sentences are expressly not stated to be consecutive, you can make an application for return of your driving licence. The only mandatory ban period is a two year period. So after two and a half years served on the ban, you can apply for your licence back. I would advise you to get yourself a good Road Traffic solicitor who is experienced in these matters and make the application to the District Court.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 24 days ago.

2. Please Rate and Accept the Answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not receive payment for answering your question.