Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My home has been repossessed and the company who have

Customer Question

Hello
My home has been repossessed and the company who have possession told me yesterday lunchtime that I have until monday by 5.30pm to move my belongings out. They told me that any visit has to be supervised by them to gain access on Monday but they may not be able to appoint anyone in time and have asked me to call them at 8am. If they cant find anyone then they will dispose of all my belongings.
They told me they have changed the locks but infact they havent.
I am breaking the law by gaining access over the weekend to remove what I can?
I am in a desperate state.
Thank you
davina
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

1. Dear Davina, you should gain access if you can and remove your belongings if you can over the weekend. In essence the company who is carrying out the repossession has no right to retain your belongings. So, if you can gain access to remove your belongings, you should do so and ensure you keep possession of your belongings. If the locks haven't been changed, you should enter and take away your belongings. The company doing the repossession is acting unlawfully in retaining your belongings. So if you can get access to get your belongings, do so.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

2. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not receive payment for answering your question.