Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

I wish to know if I have recorded conversation with my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I wish to know if I have recorded conversation with my landlord without him knowing and now I am taking a case to PRTB for 3 reasons
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: 1. For invalid rent review 2. For standard and repairs
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: 3. For breach of landlord obligation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not yet logged to PRTB He has given me written notice that he never said he will fix the issue but anyway he said its my fault as I did not put in writing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

1. It is lawful to record your own conversations with a third party such as a landlord. You don't have to tell the third party, such as the landlord that you are recording the conversation. You can then rely upon this recording in court if you wish as it is lawfully obtained evidence. So, if you wish to adduce the recording before the PRTB, you can do so, to prove what the landlord did in fact say at the time you spoke.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

2. If you want any further clarification, I will be happy to help. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert does not get paid for answering your question.