Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I recently found an empty and enquired about it at the

Customer Question

Hi I recently found an empty and enquired about it at the registry of Deeds. I learned that the house's last transaction (I think that;s the term) dated back to the 1978. Since then the house has been empty. I would like to know if I can claim it on the basis of adverse possesion Thank you
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Well this is around dublin 3 Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well so far when I enquired nobody claimed it even the solicitors of that time past away because their address is not found anywhere on the internet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes if I wanted to retain the service of as lawyer how much will that cost and whether I can claim this house on the basis of adverse possession. Thank you
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 2 months ago.
No, you can't. First of all you must be in occupation of the property exclusively, adverse to the registered owners interest for a period of least 12 years.