José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

Dear Sirs,I am a resident and an old age pensioner in

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,I am a resident and an old age pensioner in Spain.My question is that if I can work part time without interfering with the pension or what is my situation in this respect.I speak some Spanish but in situations of this nature my Spanish is lacking.Thank you in anticipation,regards,Patrick Tyrrell.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi there

José M spanish atorney

Spanish social security does not care if you work because they do not pay you

So, if you work here and declare incomes here, it will be right for they

The problem could be if in your country they notice but spanish social security is not going to say because it is not his matter

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Sir,I have received an answer to my question and I'm afraid I may not have put my question very well but the fact is I live and have my pension in Spain and so all of my query is to do with Spain not Ireland where I happen to be on holiday at the moment.I have heard of cases in Spain where pensioners have been told they risk losing their pension or part of if they take up employment including self-employed.I basically want to know what is the department of pensions in the Valencia Community's view or ruling on pensioners taking -up part time work. Thank you.Patrick
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Here you got the spanish law

In this web you will find what you could do, what you could not and requirments

Thank you

Spanish pemsioners could take a full time job and part time job, they must notify, and them they modify the pension until the pensioner stop working again

The riskes becomes when we work and do not notify