Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

A relative of my mother's owned a farm in the Ballahuar's he

Customer Question

A relative of my mother's owned a farm in the Ballahuar's he died and Coillte took it over they have put up barrier's so you can't drive to the house any more but the rune's are still there
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Munster between county cork and Limerick on the area called Glenanare
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: doe's this cost money
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no not yet as I dont now how to chase it up and if it would be too expensive for me
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 months ago.

1. In order that Coillte took the farm over, they would have to have purchased it, from whoever had title when the relative of your mother died. Coillte would not enter on a farm and plant it unless they had good title to the farm. So, to check what happened, you should either yourself, or get a solicitor, to check in the Land Registry to see who sold the farm to Coillte. You can get up the deed which transacted the sale from the Land Registry if you request it to see the sale price and who sold it. This will tell you what happened to it.

2. Alternatively, you can search in the Probate Office in Dublin, beside the Four Courts complex for the last will of your relative and see what his will stated about his farm of land. This will tell you, to whom the land was left. You can then take it that they sold the land to Coillte. In order that Coillte got good title to the land someone who have needed to take out probate to the estate of your late relative as otherwise any sale to Coillte would not have been lawful. Any person can search in the Probate Office or you can telephone or email a query. So in this way you can find out what happened on your relative's death.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Holy Sh1t is that 59 euro for asking that

4. I don't think it costs that much. The question value here is only 15 dollars.