Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Just wondering what my rights are on an issue that does not

Customer Question

Hi just wondering what my rights are on an issue that does not concern me but concerns my partner. I run a sj
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Sorry I run a shop with another man in tullamore co offaly ireland and he owes money to someone which has nothing to do with me or the business that they are going to picket . Can the legally do this
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No just that my partner is a farmer and he owes this other business money from his farm and nothing to do with our business
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 5 months ago.

People are entitled to peacefully picket however you can seek an injunction against them for same to prevent them doing so if it is likely to interfere with your business reputation and your ability to earn a livelihood or operate your business.

Further to this, if they are causing a public order, you can ring the Gardai and they maybe arrested