EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

I looking about driving licence, it's in Ireland, yes, the

Customer Question

i looking for answers about driving licence
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: it's in Ireland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: the court is finished, i was suspended for driving in Ireland, i just want confirm if i can drive in UK , because i am holding EU licences
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: my driver licence is issued in Lithuania, so i am leaving Ireland ( as was suspended for 3 years)at the moment i have few jobs offer in UK , so just looking information if i can drive with my driver licences outside Ireland
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

The answer to your question is:

-> yes, you can drive in the UK on a Lithuan***** *****cence, if you are a visitor;

-> if you intend to become a resident there (for example, if you take up work), then you can drive for up to 3 years after becoming a resident there (normally, the moment you start work). Within these 3 years, but after at least 185 days in the UK, you have to exchange your Lithuan***** *****cence for an UK licence, without an exam. The process is detailed on this page: https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-driving-licence . The fee is GBP 43.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad