EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

I have a misdemeanor criminal record order violation (no

Customer Question

Hey,I have a misdemeanor criminal record for court order violation (no contact order) in US from 2012 that I got sentenced for 9 months (spend 6.5) for.
Can I work in Ireland with that record? If yes, what documents would they require from me?
To be more specific:1- Does Ireland care about minor misdemeanor offenses done in US? Basically a court order violation?
2- If they don't care and I disclosed that info in my visa application. Would they ask me to provide a background check from FBI or similar entity or they would just take my declaration as is without further asking for more documents?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EULawyer replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you had to wait. I seem to be the only active expert in European Law and my day job as a lawyer took my time.

The answers to your questions are:

1. Ireland will not care. Such a criminal record is no bar to your possibility to obtain a work visa.

2. They will ask for an US criminal record, so you should declare everything. In fact, it is more risky not to declare the court order violation, than declaring it. Not declaring is in itself an offence in Ireland, and besides the penalty (most likely a fine), it carries the automatic option for the government to cancel your work visa.

Therefore, do declare, ask in advance for a criminal record from the US, to have it ready, and it will not count against you.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Dr I L Vlad