Daniel Mifsud
Daniel Mifsud,

I have a misdemeanor criminal record order violation (no

Customer Question

I have a misdemeanor criminal record for court order violation (no contact order) in US from 2012 that I got sentenced for 9 months (spend 6.5) for.
Can I work in Ireland with that record? If yes, what documents would they require from me?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Expert_James replied 4 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.Please allow me some time to review your question and prepare an appropriate response.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I basically have a job internal transfer in my company to either Australia or Ireland. For Australia, they require a full FBI criminal check along with a criminal check with every country I stayed in for over a year. This would take me almost 9-10 months to collect which makes Australia not an option for me.Does Ireland have the same requirements or just declaring my convictions is enough? And for the conviction I mentioned above, would that be any problem with Ireland?
Expert:  Daniel Mifsud replied 4 months ago.

Australian law, you were in jail for this offence?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
for 6.5 months. I am not looking for Australian law, I am asking about Ireland law. To be more specific:1- Does Ireland care about minor misdemeanor offenses done in US? Basically a court order violation?
2- If they don't care and I disclosed that info in my visa application. Would they ask me to provide a background check from FBI or similar entity or they would just take my declaration as is without further asking for more documents?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.