Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Statement of claim $20,000 I am the plaintiff and it has now

Customer Question

Statement of claim for over$20,000 I am the plaintiff and it has now been listed for a call over. What do I need to do now please
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was in a relationship for nearly six years same sex and when i left I have been unable to get all my horsemeat and my dog and half value of three horses.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not at the moment I don't think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.

1. What you need to do now is to attend at the callover and seek a date for the hearing of your legal action. Essentially, a call over is designed to see if cases are ready for hearing and to assign dates for hearing if they are ready. However, if your case is not ready for hearing, then you should state this at call over and have any pre-trial issues dealt with before the case is listed for hearing. Otherwise, you will lose the chance of dealing with them before the case is heard. So consider the call over an opportunity to get issues dealt with which might be germane to the hearing of the action.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.