Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

If someone was caught with £30,00 of class A drugs, admitted

Customer Question

Hi. If someone was caught with £30,00 of class A drugs, admitted while under arrest that they were his,had had a court date set in the circuit court but left the country is there any point in time whe the charges would be dropped
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: This happened this person 5 years ago so the last contact would have been with a Irish barrister at that time.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: This person had 7 previous convictions for class A and 1 for possession of a unlicensed firearm
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 6 months ago.
I assume you mean €30,000. If you failed to show up for Court then a bench warrant would have issued for your arrest. There is no statue of limitations on an idictable offence and it could be prosecuted at any stage when/if the bench warrant is ever executed.