Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Im Ion. i have a questionJA: The Lawyer will need to help

Customer Question

hi im Ion. i have a question
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: im separated man and i have 3 kids with my ex and now i leave with a woman who she is pregnant and im not workig at the moment
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what amount of maintenance should i pay to each child?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: my partner she is working only 16 hours a week
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.
1. Normally, maintenance is calculated as a percentage of your net after tax income. For 3 children, you would normally pay 27% of your net after tax income in maintenance payments to your ex to cover maintenance of your three children. However, if you aren't working at the moment, you should pay a similar part of your social welfare payment, or if you have capital saved, then you should pay a proportion of this in maintenance. I would advise you to pay something even if you have no income. Particularly is you have capital saved. Ultimately, it is your own children who will be at a loss if you don't pay maintenance.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.