Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I have been summoned to district court payment of

Customer Question

I have been summoned to district court for non payment of traffic offence. At the time I was stopped by a Garda as I was using my mobile phone while driving. Now since I'm due to be in court next month for this, I was wondering what the likely outcome would be. It's the first time ever that I have been in court and quite worried now.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 10 months ago.
Depending on the Judge and the circumstance a monetary penalty/fine will be imposed by the Judge ranging from €150-€350.00Unfortunately you will receive 5 penalty points as the matter had to go to Court. These are automatic and issue from the NRA.