Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

A receiver came to my home in ireland and changed the locks,

Customer Question

A receiver came to my home in ireland and changed the locks, even though I was making the agreed interest payments
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We were making interests payments while trying to finish the house, 80% complete.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: not really except that my nephew was in the process of buying the house, it has a lifetime enumeration clause so I can only sell it to family or or a local, so this clause would not apply to nephew who is actually looking to buy a house in the area, he has the means but his is going back to sea as a first mate on an oil tanker tomorrow, i just told him i had to sell the house last week so he had very little time
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.
1. Can you better explain the situation. Which bank or financial institution were you dealing with? On what basis did they revoke an agreement you had with them and put in a receiver? What has now happened to the house? Is the receiver in the process of selling it? Did the sale to your nephew fall through? Has your nephew still got the means to purchase the house? What were the terms of the original agreement with the bank about interest payments?