Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I want to change my lawyer/SC before case comes up in a few

Customer Question

i want to change my lawyer/SC before case comes up in a few days. whats the procedure
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The lawyer has requested payment before said case out of the blue. As agreement with solicitors from day 1 was no fees up front I am concerned
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I feel the SC is complicating a very Black & White case, concerned
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 8 months ago.
You will first have to find a new solicitor who is willing to come on record for you in the case.They will have to file a notice of change of solicitor with the Court. They will also need to take up the file from the original solicitor. If there are fees outstanding to the previous solicitor, the file will not be released until these are paid. The new solicitor can then engage new counsel for you in the case