Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

Got caught shop lifting in dunnes stores last Wed. My first

Customer Question

Got caught shop lifting in dunnes stores last Wed. My first offence so garda cautioned me and said I will recieve garda caution and the store has banned Me. I am mortified and stressed to high heavens in case I still get prosecuted. I have had enormous stressors last few years and this is a manifestation of thst. Going to my go tomorrow for medication for depression and anxiety. Having suicidal thoughts. Haven't heard anything from store or gardai yet. What do I think the outcome will be?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 7 months ago.

You will receive an adult caution from the Gardai in relation to the offence. This will is simply involves attending at the Garda station and receiving a warning from the Superintendent/Inspector on duty. If this is what the Gardai have indicated then there will be no prosecution or conviction