Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My ex spouse is appealing the district court divorce ruling

Customer Question

My ex spouse is appealing the district court divorce ruling in full to the high court,
Q Does this invalidate the ruling completely, ie selling the property etc
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other side have not applied for a stay on the order to the high court, yet have applied to appeal this order,
q, should I continue to put the district court order in place, and then wait for the high court ruling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the district order judge refused a stay on the order.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. An appeal entered in time, means that the order of the District Court does not have effect until such times as the appeal is dealt with or dismissed. However, it does not invalidate the District Court ruling. The District Court ruling remains in place until the High court rules on the matter further. There is no need to apply for a stay on the order pending an appeal, as the order is deemed not have the full force of the law pending the hearing of the appeal. You will have to wait until the HIgh Court deals with the matter before you can implement the District Court order. You cannot enforce an order which is being appealed. If you want any further clarification, I will b

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. If you want any further clarification, I will be happy to help. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.