Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am writing friend of mine who is waiting Zambrano

Customer Question

I am writing for a friend of mine who is waiting for his Zambrano application with Department of Justice. He received a letter from DOJ today to get a DNA evidence to show he is the father of his claimed child. After the DNA evidence and if it shows he is the father of the child.. how long would it take DOJ to grant him his residence?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

That's difficult to say. When was the I-130 filed? Who is filing for whom? What is the petitioner's status?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The person is not in the United states. He is in Ireland and he is filing for his residence in Ireland and NOT USA.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need an Immigration Solicitor in Ireland to help in this question

So this has nothing to do with the U.S.? I ask because your question ended up in the U.S. immigration forum which is not my fault.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it has nothing to do with the U.S.A the question is for immigration solicitor in Ireland

I will OPT out and will transfer to the Law of Ireland forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please do not respond here as it can delay the transfer. Thank you.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 8 months ago.

1. Hello, I am an Irish barrister & I am happy to help with your Question. Basically, the application will be processed within 90 days of the DNA test being taken. This is the longest period of time it will take. Normally, six months is the longest period which a Zambrano visa application is dealt with by the Irish Department of Justice or Irish naturalisation & Immigration Service. My guess is that the application will be processed and dealt with in a shorter shorter space of time. About 50 days.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My friend waited for 12months before he was asked for the DNA evidence. He submitted his application February 2015 and he was asked DNA evidence February 2016. I think the application is taking so long. What can you advice in this regard

3. I am amazed it has taken so long!! Normally, you never hear of this length of delay. Your friend can take legal action to compel a decision. Essentially seek a declaration in the courts that he is entitled to a Zambrano visa. However, this is expensive. But he may get most of his legal costs paid. Other than that, I don't know why it is taking so long.