How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10456
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've inherited 50% of family home my brother executor

Customer Question

I've inherited 50% of family home my brother executor inherited 15% and sister 50%.I''ve lived and cared for father in the home for 9 years, my father is. 4 months dead and they want to sell,I want to try buy them out but it's going to take me a year to sort this.can I make them brother the executor of the will got inheritance in 2008 from the sale of my grandparents house but is still not happy with his 15% ,have I any way of making them give me more time,they both want the house up for sale asap and won't give me any time.I live in the home with my 3 children,my dad also left me 11,000 witch I split evenly with my siblings hoping they would give me time,they agreed before I gave them the money but now have changed their minds,please can u advise me,its heartbreaking that I will loose my family home of 40 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I would advise you to remind your two siblings of your generosity in giving them more money than was there due. So sue them for the money back which you gave them. This will soften their cough and make them think twice about forcing you out. Be aware additionally that if they were to seek to obtain an Order to eject you,t hat you would still be given a minimum of three months from the date of the order before you would have to leave. This is a statutory protection given to people who are being ejected from their home. So I would say to you that if you drag out legal proceedings and keep telling them you will get out that over a year will go bye before they will be able to eject you from the property. So use a combination of both methods and in the meantime, seek out a mortgage, so you can buy them out of their shares.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2.Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.