Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Buachaill - so nice of you to text. I am surfing the net to

Customer Question

Hi Buachaill - so nice of you to text. I am surfing the net to learn how to do a motion to unfreeze money - frozen by the court. I am now having to represent myself in court and the Judge told me to go onto the Court Web Site but cant find the Motion I need. I do not have a solicitor as I had to dismiss her - I cant get free Legal Aid as I own her money so I have to do this on my own now.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I would advise you to look at Appendix C to the Rules of the Superior Courts. In there you will find sample forms for both your Notice of Motion to ground the application as well as sample affidavits which can set out the facts upon which you will rely in your application. These precedents can be modified to suit your purposes in getting the freezing order removed. Secondly, be aware that you can still get Legal Aid even if you owe your previous solicitor money. This is not an impediment to getting legal aid. Be aware additionally that your original solicitor to whom you owe money cannot embarass you in asserting their professional lien so that any papers which are essential to the conduct of your litigation cannot be withhold if this would prejudice you in your legal action. So you will still be able to get essential papers for any new solicitor assigned to you by the Legal Aid Board.