Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

, bought land and contract signed paid etc but then

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: bought land and contract signed paid etc but then vendor sold land again to new buyer. what can we do with this, does our contract mean anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there a time frame to resister land in Ireland
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also in this matter our solicitor did not register our land so then vendor was able to sell land again
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
anyone there to answer me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
new question, didnt get any answer yet
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. Two things here. Firstly, in equity, you still own this land if you paid the price to the vendor. Essentially, you cannot sell something you don't own. So here, at the time of the second sale, the vendor didn't own the land. So he had nothing to sell. So the second sale was never valid. So you should get specific performance of your sale agreement and get the land re-conveyed to you. So get yourself a new solicitor and get the land re-conveyed to you. Secondly, your solicitor messed up. The purchase should have been registered immediately, certainly within six months at the very most. So you have a cause of action against your solicitor for his negligence. This is why he is staying schtum and saying nothing. So you should recoup any expenses you incur from this solicitor. Get your new solicitor to get the client file off this solicitor and then sue him for any loss you incur.

2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.